Urban Grid is a leading developer and financier of commercial solar projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and North-East. We work with commercial, educational, government and non-profit organizations to provide long-term renewable energy solutions. Urban Grid is positioned for strong growth in the mid-sized to large solar development market, and is offering an outstanding opportunity to an individual seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries in the 21st century.
Job Location: Remote
Basic Job Purpose: Urban Grid is looking for an experienced business development manager to lead project development efforts in the Northeastern United States. The business development manager will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and securing new solar project opportunities in the public, private and utility sectors. The ideal candidate will have experience in the solar industry and be able to quickly build a robust pipeline of new solar projects, as well as source completed projects for acquisition. Preference will be given to candidates with extensive industry experience, contract negotiation experience, the ability to develop land acquisition strategies, and a strong network of industry contacts. The successful candidate will be a self starter, capable of maintaining success while working remote of Urban Grid's central office.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new project opportunities in the Northeast markets (including pure development and asset/project acquisitions).
- Support the negotiation of commercial development agreements, including site lease and power purchase agreements.
- Develop and support land acquisition strategy for project development.
- Develop strong contacts with utilities, municipalities, electric cooperatives, government agencies (state & federal) and commercial and industrial organizations that support impactful growth in UGH's project pipeline.
- Coordinate business development strategy in conjunction with Urban Grid's project management and engineering groups through joint work on bid proposals and working with potential off-takers.
- Maintain clear and concise communication with Urban Grid's management team on development activities during all phases of project development.
- Develop, maintain and manage a sales pipeline in support of assigned business goals and objectives.
- Maintain a pipeline report for review by UGH management team.
- Business development experience cultivating, developing, and securing solar distributed generation and/or small utility scale installation projects for commercial, industrial, government or utility customers.
- Understanding and experience with solar power purchase agreements and site leases.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with solar systems technology and solutions.
- Business-oriented approach to problem solving; excellent judgment in finding effective solutions.
- BA/ BS Degree. Advanced Education (i.e.: MS, MBA) preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, technical, and computer communication and presentation skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work under pressure, manage simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines within an evolving organization.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Health and dental plans also provided. Urban Grid is looking to fill this position immediately. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.